How can I enter?
Simply join in with this month's activity: Book of Mum! Load up your doodle/collage/painting of the front cover of your imaginary book in April 2013, and you'll automatically be entered into a competition to win the poem.
You can have an entry for every book cover you upload that fits the brief, and you can be based anywhere in the world to enter. See more rules below.
You can join in and doodle a book cover with us at our #soMum Make Date on Wednesday 10 April, uploading this to the website, or submit an entry in your own time at any point this month.
What can I win?
Your very own poem that is at least 50 beautiful words long (maybe longer, depending on how the muse strikes...)
If you win, we'll ask you to send Vanessa a photo that you love, and a description of a moment that you would like her to write about.
Not only will she write you a lovely poem, but she'll also design it to appear looking rather beautiful on your photo, making an extra special keepsake or gift.
You can see some more examples of how gorgeous this can look on her blog.
The post also includes a beautiful example of her poetic talent!
We'd love you to come and join our #somum Make Date on twitter this Wednesday 10 April from 8.30 - 10pm UK time: let's play at writing the stories of our lives and have a go at doodling our own book covers. All welcome!
PS If you join in with our Make Date and add #somum to your tweets, you can also enter ANOTHER competition to win a copy of An Anthology of Babes. It's a good month! See this post for more information on that.
Other WIN YOUR VERY OWN POEM competition rules
- Automated entries or third party entries will be disqualified
- Winners will be chosen at random from all those uploading a Book of Mum image here that fits the brief described here between 1 and 30 April 2013.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition will run from 1 to 30 April 2013 in Great Britain.
- Vanessa Matthews will provide a personalised poem of at least 50 words to the competition winner on receipt of a photo and written details of a special mothering moment. No alternative prizes will be offered.
- story of mum is compliant with the data protection act. While we will share the twitter names of winners and their tweets with great excitement, we will not pass on any other details to any third party without your prior consent.