NEWS: Even if you missed the party, you can still enter to win the prizes below! Simply add your Embarrassing Mum story or Balloon of Shame to our online galleries before midnight on Sunday 15 March. More rules at the bottom of this post. Good luck, and happy popping!
Join us on twitter for our next #somum Mums' Make Date! This month we're collaborating with the wonderful @prymface and #youngmumschat (all ages of mums welcome this week!). We'll be talking about being Embarrassing Mums and popping Balloons of Shame...
Not sure what time GMT is where you are? You can find all the international times here.
We have some hilarious and wonderful prizes from brilliant Suzi Warren at Twisted Twee for joining in with us this month...
First up, some brilliant pointy finger iron-on patches to make a feature of any embarrassing stains. Followed by three classic Merit Badges to celebrate your daily shame - that's badges for crappy DIY, bad dancing and a potty mouth just for you, mama!
I've only just discovered Twisted Twee, and I am in love - if you're looking for original gifts, Suzi's shop is stuffed to the rafters with hilarious pants, pillows, unique bump and baby goodness, and my personal favourite: T-shirts that remind you "Damn you're a good mother" whenever you look in the mirror. Genius.
To enter to win these lovely goodies, you have until the end of the week to upload your Balloon of Shame or an Embarassing Mum story to our website - get it up before midnight GMT on Friday 15 March and you'll be entered into the draw to win. More rules below. (If you haven't already, you'll need to join us at story of mum first - welcome!).
What is a #somum Make Date?
We give ourselves some creative me-time and connect with other lovely mums. We do it every second Wednesday of the month.
New friends are always very welcome. You don't have to be arty or creative, we're all about having a go for fun regardless of talent or experience. We would love you to join our community of brave supportive mamas doing uplifting thought-provoking downright silly stuff together to celebrate ups & downs of motherhood here.
If you just want to chat, that's completely fine. If you just want to pop a balloon and lurk and never tell us you're there, that's fine too. We're just happy you're making some time for you.
And you can find out more about our lovely partner in shame-vanquishing Prymface, promoting respect for young mothers right here.
- Duplicate accounts, automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified
- Winners will be chosen at random from all those uploading a picture of their Embarrassing Mum story that fits the brief described here to this webpage and/or uploading a Balloon of Shame that fits the brief described here to this webpage between 2pm GMT on 11 March 2013 and midnight GMT on 17 March 2013. Please note that you need to join the story of mum community in order to upload a picture or story.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition will run from 2pm GMT on 11 March 2013 and midnight GMT on 17 March 2013 in Great Britain.
- Story of mum is compliant with the data protection act. While we will share the twitter names of winners and links with great excitement, we will not pass on any other details to any third party without your prior consent.
- If you don't want to enter the draw, that's absolutely fine. You can still take part in either activity and load up a photo, just contact us to let us know you don't want to be entered in the competition.