Wednesday 4 April is our first birthday. To celebrate we’re hosting our first ever twitter party, from 8-9pm BST that evening (check your timezone here). We would love you to join us. Add #SoMum to your tweets.
So what is a twitter party?
For us, it’s a big chat where lots of people come online at the same time and all tweet at once. Between 8.00pm and 9.00pm BST on Wednesday 4th April 2012, we’ll ask some questions, you can chip in with your answers, and before you know it you’ll be talking to mums all over the world.
Which is brilliant in itself. But because we love you, you will also be in with a chance of winning one of our very special prizes…
What will you be tweeting/talking about?
Being a creative mum – the good stuff, the bad stuff, the making stuff.
How do I join in?
At 8pm on Wednesday 4 April, jump on twitter. You can then find other people joining the chat by doing a search for #SOMUM. To join the conversation, just add @storyofmum #SOMUM to your tweet and everyone else will see it.
How can I win a prize?
To be in the running for a prize, all you have to do to is join in with the chat (including @storyofmum #SOMUM in your tweets), and make sure you are following @storyofmum and all of our lovely sponsors @frugi, @picaloulou and @poppytreffry. The winners will be chosen at random from everyone who takes part.
Do I have to say something clever?
No. It's random. So you can be as random as you want.
What can I win?
We have some very special prizes to celebrate our first birthday. I did consider snaffling them all for myself but decided that rather went against the spirit of story of mum. So you lucky people are in for a treat instead. Bah humbug.
- A fabulous £50 Frugi gift voucher. Frugi make gorgeous ethical clothes for kids and mummies. You too can have perfectly turned-out children (momentarily) or a breastfeeding dress that you will wear every day until you have to peel it off.
- A curvaceous Poppy Treffry coffee cosy. Screaming children will never cause your coffee to go cold again when you own this covetable hand-made cafetiere cover featuring Poppy’s signature cranky singer sewing machine embroidery.
- £40 to spend on Picaloulou's all-natural knitwear collection. Picaloulou’s merino and alpaca kiddy knits are entirely UK-made and entirely adorable. Your kids’ natty knitwear will last for generations and your family will look like a Vogue feature (momentarily).
- A unique Mum of the Year award, hand-squidged by me from my son’s old plasticine, something a bit like this. Pride of place on your mantelpiece (momentarily) then quite likely to go in the bin, but guaranteed to put a smile on your face first.
STOP PRESS: the lovely family-friendly Tea Monkey in Milton Keynes has just offered us some extra-special little mum treats too, we'll tell you more on the day!
What is story of mum?
We're a not-for-profit website set up by me (Pippa) and my mum (Penny) to encourage mums of all ages to make more time for ourselves. We want to connect, create and celebrate motherhood - the good bits and the bad.
You can browse what other mums have been up to by clicking on an activity from the list on the left. Join in by clicking the 'join us' button on each activity. If you fancy a play, the giant mums' poem is a quick and easy place to start...
Do join us on the 4 April, we would love to meet and tweet you! If you have any questions about joining in, just email us and we will help.
- Duplicate accounts, automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified
- Winners will be chosen at random from all those joining the twitter chat at the stated time, following @storyofmum @frugi @picaloulou and @poppytreffry and including #SOMUM @storyofmum in their tweets.
- The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition will run from 8pm BST to 9pm BST on Wednesday 4 April in Great Britain.
- Storyofmum.com is compliant with the data protection act. While we will share the twitter names of winners with great excitement, our policy is such that we will not pass on any other details to any third party without your prior consent.